Currently located on Duplex Road in Spring Hill, TN, the Lee-Buckner school is the last unrestored Rosenwald school in both Williamson and Davidson counties. According to the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Rosenwald schools were the result of a 1912 partnership between ex-slave and Tuskegee Institute graduate, Booker T. Washington and Julius Rosenwald, CEO of Sears, Roebuck and Company. This initiative led to the construction of more than 3,500 schools, shops and teacher homes between 1917 and 1932 that would serve rural African-American children and their communities. The land on which the school currently resides will eventually be sold, which led to the Foundation’s purchase of the school in 2018. The organization plans to relocate the school to the Franklin Grove campus in downtown Franklin and to restore it back to its former 1920’s glory.