The Franklin Theatre
The Franklin Theatre opened in the summer of 1937, and immediately became a treasured asset on Main Street. It is fondly known as the “Home of First Kisses.”
Over the next 70 years, people in Franklin continued to visit the Theatre, but unfortunately, the doors eventually closed in 2007.
The Heritage Foundation could not let this historic building be lost. With the support of more than a thousand donors, the Heritage Foundation stepped in to buy and rehabilitate the historic landmark. After three years of work – and an investment of more than $8 million – the historic Franklin Theatre re-emerged better than ever.
The new Franklin Theatre continues the cherished tradition of showing movies, but also adds a new dimension to Main Street – live music. With a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system, and undeniable charm, the Franklin Theatre is destined to be an entertainment and cultural icon for years to come.
To be a catalyst for social change, where diverse peoples are unified, lives are touched and memories are made.
To provide world-class performing arts experiences to diverse Williamson County residents and visitors and to be a platform for local philanthropic engagement and education, while providing unparalleled guest service.