The Big House (Old, Old Jail)
The Old, Old Jail is a building at 112 Bridge Street in downtown Franklin that served as Williamson County’s third jail from 1941 until 1970. From the 1970s on it was used at various times as a highway patrol outpost, an employment office, the County archives, and book storage for the school system. It fell into disrepair and has been vacant since 2008.
The Heritage Foundation purchased the building in 2013 and initiated plans to restore it and convert it into the Big House for Historic Preservation: a public resource for historic preservation, and the first permanent home for the Heritage Foundation of Franklin & Williamson County.